Bonamy Dobree School of English PGR International Scholarship in the UK – The School of English is looking for outstanding doctoral applicants to apply for a fully-funded International program at the University of Leeds for the academic year 2020/21.
Bonamy Dobree School of English PGR International Scholarship in the UK
The School of English is a part of the University of Leeds that provides innovative teaching and research environment. It offers undergraduate, masters and research degree programs for the eligible students.
Why at School of English? While studying at the school, applicants have many options to make a career in any interesting field. Here is a great opportunity to delve deep into a topic that particularly interests you while also enhancing your research skills.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2020
- University: School of English
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree
- Award: Fully funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: International students (outside the UK) are eligible to apply for the opportunity.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must have at least a first-class or an upper second class British Bachelors Honours degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate discipline.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications are invited from candidates in receipt of a nine-digit student identification number who are seeking a scholarship to support their PhD studies within the School.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must upload your research proposal, details of staff members you’d like to be your supervisor(s), a sample of your own recently written work on a relevant topic, two academic references and copies of your degree certificates.
- Admission Requirements: The criteria for entry for some research degrees may be higher, for example, several faculties, also require a Masters degree.
- Language Requirement: The minimum English language entry requirement for research postgraduate research study is an IELTS of 6.5 overall with at least 6 in each component (reading, writing, listening and speaking) or equivalent. The test must be dated within two years of the start date of the course in order to be valid. Some schools and faculties have a higher requirement.
The university offers full international fees and £12,000 of maintenance for three years (subject to satisfactory academic progress).