It may be held in any relevant department within the University or affiliated institutes. The studentship will be awarded on a competitive basis and applicants will be expected to demonstrate both a strong academic background and an aptitude for research.
Value of Scholarship
- The studentship will be fully funded at Welcome Trust rates for three or four years of full-time research depending on academic background, and is open to UK, EU and overseas students.
- The Center is also willing to consider hosting students for the PhD who have already secured independent funding.
- Requirements Applicants should hold, or expect to obtain, a first-class honors degree in a relevant biological subject.
- Applicants holding a Masters degree will also be welcome to apply for a 3-year studentship.
- For overseas students the minimum undergraduate GPA for entrance into the University is 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale), and those for whom English is not their native language should see the Board of Graduate Studies’ guidelines regarding Competence in English.
- Research students are initially admitted without being registered for a particular degree, and are only registered for the PhD on satisfactory completion of a report at the end of their first year of study.
How to Apply
- They encourage all applicants to make initial informal inquiries regarding projects available and listed on their website
- Once you have identified a potential supervisor and project you should make a formal application as follows:
- Send a curriculum-vitae, a half-page personal statement outlining your motivation for research at the Centre, two confidential academic references in sealed envelopes, and, if possible, a transcript of your undergraduate results to: The Administrator, Centre for Trophoblast Research, Physiology Building, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EG, UK Applications by postal mail only.
- Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 3 years in the first instance.
- Please refer to the Further Particulars for this role, and use this as a guideline for your application.
- Please quote reference PM20902 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
- The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
- The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Deadline: The closing date for submission of applications is Monday, December 16, 2019.