DAAD research grants provide young foreign academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research and continue their education in Germany. There are funding Programmes for various qualification phases and stages in a career. The grants also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
For doctoral projects in Germany that require several years of research, research phases outside Germany can be supported if these are critical for the successful completion of the doctoral degree. Planned stays must be specified in the application in the work and time schedule and should not exceed a quarter of the anticipated total funding period.
Value of Scholarship
The DAAD Research Grant covers;
- Depending on an academic level, monthly payments of:
euros 850.- for graduates,
euros 1,200.- for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance.
- One-off research allowance.
- Under certain circumstances, grant holders completing an uninterrupted stay of over 6 months may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying family members
Excellently-qualified young academics and scientists who have completed a Master’s degree or Diploma, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research.
How to Apply
The following are the application requirements;
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of publications (max. 10 pages), if applicable
- An extensive and detailed description of the research proposal and a description of previous research work (max. 10 pages)
- In the case of individual projects supervised by a university teacher (academic adviser):
- Letter confirming supervision by a university teacher in Germany (academic adviser)
- Schedule of planned research work
Deadline: Application closes on October 15, 2019.
- University of Edinburgh College of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences Research Awards UK 2020
- Mellon Scholarships in Linguistics Postdoctoral Fellowship at UCT in South Africa 2020
- CTR Graduate Scholarship at University of Cambridge in UK 2020