The University of Bologna in Italy is inviting applications for the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Water and Coastal Management (WACOMA) in 2020.
The EMJMD WACOMA promotes academic excellence through the implementation of a teaching Programme that aims at developing common understanding and at deepening scientific knowledge in the vital, challenging and continuously evolving field of water and coastal ecosystems.
It is specifically addressed to water and coastal hazards and risks, and their interrelations with global changes and use of resources. Consistent with the precepts of management sciences, it also concerns mitigation and adaptation to changes and it deals with the relevant aspects of a sustainable green and blue economy.
Worth of Award
- WACOMA Participation costs are 9,000 € per year for students from Partner Countries and 4,500 € per year for students from Programme Countries.
- Participation costs include tuition fees, administrative costs (e.g., enrolment and registration fees in at least 2 Universities, student card, access to services for students, welcome and orientation week/day, administrative costs), organization of Mobility tracks, participation to WACOMA winter schools and full insurance coverage.
- For EMJMD Scholarship Holders, participation costs are covered by the EMJMD Scholarship (paid directly to the Consortium, not to students).
WACOMA is open to;
- Students holding a suitable Bachelor’s Degree in subjects related to the focus of the Master, e.g. Environmental Sciences, Marine Biology, Geology, Natural Sciences, Chemical Oceanography, Physics/Oceanography, Environmental Management.
- Students holding a suitable 1st Cycle/Bachelor Degree.
- Candidates with a solid background in subjects related to Earth Sciences, Geology, Environmental Biology and Chemistry, and Environmental Monitoring and Management possess the basis for a positive evaluation.
The eligibility check covers all the aspects listed below:
- respect for application deadline;
- completeness of the application file;
- eligibility of the candidate in relation to the EMJMD criteria.
Ineligible applicants will be:
- informed immediately after the eligibility check;
- provided with the reasons of ineligibility;
- provided with information on the appeal procedure.
How to Apply
Applicants will be requested to upload:
- Copy of Diploma with Official Academic Transcript of Records with Grades, Final mark/grade and Syllabus of previous studies. Diplomas without Transcript of Records, Grades, Final mark/grade and syllabus will not be considered [mandatory]
- Proof of English language proficiency (use both the English Proficiency Form and attach a certificate and/or an official statement) [mandatory]
- A CV (preferably use the sample provided) [mandatory]
- Students Application Form (use form) [mandatory]
- Copy of Passport (all pages and visa) [mandatory]
- 2 reference Letters (ask your referees to UPLOAD ONLINE a reference letter addressed to the EMJMD WACOMA Consortium – see Form and Guidelines) [mandatory]
- Proof of Residence [mandatory]
- Declaration on Honour (use Form) [mandatory]
- Other supporting Documents [recommended]
- Interview [according to the Selection Board]
Deadline: Application closes December 16, 2019, by 12:00 PM (UTC+1 CET)