Government of Japan (JDS) funding for Nepali Students in Japan 2020-2021 – Are you seeking an opportunity for undertaking your academic research? Then the Government of Japan (JDS) award is a perfect opportunity for completing your educational goal.
Government of Japan (JDS) funding for Nepali Students in Japan 2020-2021
The government of Japan runs under the framework founded by the Constitution of Japan. It is a constitutional monarchy in which the power of the emperor is limited and is relegated primarily to ceremonial duties.
Why at this educational program? Through this program, the students have an excellent opportunity for undertaking their higher studies at any graduate school in Japan. it will also provide some funding help to complete their education in a proper way.
- University or Organization: The Government of Japan
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master and Doctoral
- Award: Education Fund
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 22 grants are available (20 for masters and 2 for doctoral)
- Nationality: Nepal
- The program can be taken in Japan
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2020, for a master’s degree and January 10, 2021, for a doctoral degree program.
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Only citizens from Nepal are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The participants can apply for a master or a doctoral degree program at Japanese graduate schools.
- Admissible Criteria: The candidates have to meet the eligibility criteria-
- They must be between the ages of 25 and 40 (both inclusive) as of April 1st, 2020.
- Civil servants (Level 7 and above) originally recruited by the federal government and deputed/adjusted to 7 provincial and 753 local governments.
- Students should have a strong will to work for the development of Nepal after their return home and also be good in health.
- 3 years of work experience in Civil Service for a master and 5 years of work experience in Civil service for a doctoral program is mandatory.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For being considered to this opportunity, the participants have to take admission in a master or a PhD degree program at Japanese graduate school. After that, for the grant, they need to submit an application form, confidential statement of reference, official approval letter, registration form, questionnaire on the source of information, and a checklist of application documents to-
- The JDS Project Office, Regus,
- Ground Floor, Trade Tower,
- Thapathali, Kathmandu before the deadline by hand or by courier.
- Admission Requirements: For a master’s degree program, a bachelor degree is required, and for a PhD degree, a master’s degree is necessary. If an applicant is going to take part at Kyushu University, then they need to have an undergraduate degree in Law.
- Language Requirement: The candidates must have sufficient proficiency in the English language for pursuing a degree-level program in Japan.
The following benefits will be provided by the grant-
- A round trip air ticket (Nepal-Japan) and other transportation fees
- Arrival or shipping allowance
- Accommodation allowance for rent
- Admission and tuition for graduate school
- Other permissible allowance such as- Books etc
- And a monthly allowance for living costs in Japan.