The Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa is offering 10 Individual Fellowships (Junior/Senior) for 3-5 months at the University of Ghana for the Academic Year 2020/21.
Early career and senior researchers from Germany, Africa and other parts of the world are eligible to apply and to conduct their own research projects that address in one way or another MIASA’s umbrella topic and overall aims.
MIASA is devoted to research in the humanities and social sciences, with ‘Sustainable Governance’ as its central subject. Founded in 1948, the University of Ghana is largest and the oldest public higher education university in Ghana.
Why at the University of Ghana? The university aims to promote university education, learning and research at the national and international levels and to produce the next generation of thought leaders.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2019, 24 h CET
- Provided By: Maria Sibylla Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA)
- Funded By: The Federal German Ministry of Research (BMBF)
- Course Level: Research
- Award: salary, a monthly allowance, and research support
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 10
- Nationality: Global Researchers
- The award can be taken in Ghana
- Eligible Countries: Application from researchers from Germany, Africa and other parts of the world are accepted
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Researchers will allow researchers to conduct their own research projects. The project proposals must address in one way or another MIASA’s umbrella topic and overall aims.
- Admissible Criteria: Applications are early career researchers (1-6 years after completion of their PhD) and senior researchers (more than 6 years after completion of their PhD) from around the globe in a relevant discipline of the Humanities or the Social Sciences at the time of the application deadline.
How to Apply
To apply, applicants are required to complete the application form together with the required documents has to be uploaded on the application webpage.
The fellowships are held for 3 to 5 months between September 2020 and August 2021. To check required documents and eligibility criteria visit at https://www.ug.edu.gh/mias-africa/
The fellowship will be awarded to top academic quality researchers with an innovative and high-quality research subject and will be selected through a highly competitive, strictly merit-based selection process.
All the benefits are given:
- Recipients will become MIASA Fellows
- The fellows’ salary costs will be met by MIASA on the principle of “no loss, no gain,” for every full fellowship month, and paid directly to his/her home institution. Also, fellows will receive a monthly allowance of 400 €. For fellows affiliated with an African institution at the commencement of the IFG, this monthly allowance will be 1.000 €.
- Non-affiliated senior fellows receive a monthly grant of 2.000 € in total. Non-affiliated junior fellows will receive a monthly grant of 1.200 €.
- For all fellows, MIASA will provide accommodation and reimburse travel costs. In addition, a contribution to support research undertaken at MIASA (max. 250 €/ fellow month) can be granted upon application.