Are you from an African country? Because the Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study is organizing the STIAS Iso Lomso Fellowships program for higher researchers in South Africa.
The educational is available for outstanding African candidates and has the motive of supporting them in order to pursue a long-term postdoctoral research degree program at the Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study.
The Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study (STIAS) was first conceived in 2000 and was immediately positively received by the local and international research community. It is situated on the historic Mostertsdrift farm in the heart of Stellenbosch.
Why at this program? This program is giving students an opportunity to conduct their higher research with the good value of funding. They will also get to learn from experienced teachers and researchers.
- University or Organization: The Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral research
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: African students
- The program can be taken in South Africa
- Application Deadline: October 15, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All candidates of African countries are eligible to join
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program is for undertaking a postdoctoral research program in any discipline at the Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study, South Africa
- Admissible Criteria: An applicant must be born after the 1st of January 1978
- Be in a position to commence the first period of residency at STIAS during the second half of 2020 or the first half of 2021
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The candidates need to complete an award application form and return it electronically via email to email@example.com
- Supporting Documents: Along with the form, a PDF file must be submitted which contains the following documents-
- A motivational cover letter
- Pre-proposal for a three-year research project
- One or two recent writing examples
- A copy of the student’s doctorate certificate
- A letter of support from their home institute
- Two letters of recommendation
- Qualification Requirements: The requirements are as follows-
- Have an affiliation at a research or higher education institution in an African country, and continue to do so for the foreseeable future
- Be obtained a doctoral degree from any recognized higher education institution (worldwide) after the 1st of January 2013
- And also have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD research program
The successful participants will receive-
- A three-year attachment to STIAS during which time they may spend a total of ten months in residence at STIAS to develop and pursue a long-term research program the possibility of a residency at a sister institute for advanced study in North America, Europe or elsewhere
- Funding to attend up to two international conferences or training workshops anywhere in the world
- Also, possible support to convene a workshop with collaborators at STIAS lecturer replacement subsidy for the fellow’s home institution during residency periods.