University of Tokyo Todai Fellowship for International Students in Japan, 2020-2021 – Are you looking for some financial help to complete your doctoral study? Then here is a chance to pursue your higher studies by applying to the Todai Fellowship program at the University of Tokyo.
University of Tokyo Todai Fellowship for International Students in Japan, 2020-2021
The University of Tokyo is one of Japan’s most prestigious universities. It was founded in 1877 as the first imperial university and is situated as a public research university.
Why at the University of Tokyo? The university has a global reputation for its teaching excellence and academic culture. It provides the best educational facilities for its participants in order to build a bright future.
- University or Organization: The University of Tokyo
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral Courses
- Award: JPY 200,000/month
- Access Mode: Email
- Number of Awards: Two awards are available
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in Japan
- Application Deadline: The application will start from November 16, 2019, and will till November 26, 2020.
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of any nationality are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: A doctoral course of the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: You hold a valid visa to stay in Japan as a “College Student” as prescribed in Appendix 1 of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act (Order No. 319 of October 4, 1951) as of their enrollment.
How to Apply
To Apply: The participants need to take admission in a Doctoral degree program of the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences at the university first. After that, complete the following forms
- Application form
- Recommendation letter from your former supervisor
- Study Plan
- List of past achievements
- For submission, use a separate plain envelope. On the outside of the envelope write “Enclosed Todai Fellowship Application” and your last name. Then enclose the Fellowship application envelope in the designated official admission application envelope.
- Admission Requirements: You must hold a master’s degree in order to apply for a doctoral degree program.
- Language Requirement: Have sufficient proficiency in the English language.
Benefits: The duration of the award is three years and it will provide an amount of JPY 200,000/month to all successful candidates.